Bootstrap Meeting

From syn2cat - HackerSpace.lu
Jump to: navigation, search
Note: this article is about a passed event.
Add your Event
Meeting.png
Bootstrap Meeting
The syn2cat plenum
Bootstraps.gif
Type of Event: Meeting
From: 2010/03/20 07:00:00 PM
Till: 2012/06/09 11:59:00 PM
Recurring: dayofweekinmonth
Organizer: Gunstick
Cost: 0 EUR0 $
0 £
0 CHF
Mandatory registration:


Attendees: All members, Azunix
Log-in to RSVP
Contact Person(s): Gunstick (mail)
Keywords:
Location
Where: Hackerspace, Strassen (11, rue du Cimetière, L-8018 Strassen, Luxembourg)
Map:
Loading map...
Tools
QrCode: QR-4854c852638bec5c1ce2fbec849e822c.png
Add to your calendar: Download … further results
Alternate picture: None
Announce globally: no
Decide where syn2cat is heading next. Every third Saturday of a month, starting at 7pm until midnight.




For organizational reasons future meetings are on separate events pages

[edit] Upcoming

  Date
Bootstrap 2014-09 20 September 2014 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2014-10 18 October 2014 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2014-11 15 November 2014 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2014-12 20 December 2014 19:00:00

[edit] Past

  Date
Bootstrap 2012-06 16 June 2012 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2012-07 21 July 2012 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2012-08 18 August 2012 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2012-09 15 September 2012 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2012-10 20 October 2012 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2012-11 17 November 2012 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2012-12 15 December 2012 21:00:00
Bootstrap 2013-01 19 January 2013 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2013-02 16 February 2013 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2013-03 16 March 2013 19:00:00
… further results

[edit] Introduction

If you would like to discuss something, simply add it below the upcoming event!

The Guidelines page regroups all major decisions taken at prior Bootstrap Meetings.

Etiquette
  • No items can be added to a schedule once the meeting has begun.
  • A meeting can't last any longer than 4 hours (a 30min pause will be made after 2h)
  • People should sign the topics they added using ~~~.
  • Topics will only be discussed if their authors are present at the meeting.

[edit] March 17th

No Bootstrap because of General Assembly March 2012.

[edit] February 18th

[edit] Topics

  • review last bootstrap actions
    • Sat-Dish
    • Circles
    • Internet Connection
    • SSL-Cert letter
    • Analog Event-Calendar
    • HacKids@EU primary school (march 28 - 30) --Macfreak109
  • General Assembly (Date, Location) --Kwisatz 17:43, 17 February 2012 (CET)

[edit] Minutes

[edit] Review

[edit] Sat-Dish

Issue is still cables that need to go in and out of the building, nobody present was really in the know about that issue. Also, we don't know who should have asked the commune to drill the hole.

[edit] Circles

Circles are done, pins are there, all that needs to be done is to paint the wall. Lala will see if they still have some white paint left. We also need to apply some paste first for the screws and joints.

[edit] Internet Connection

The locker wasn't checked for the the letter that ought to be sent. Sim0n checked during the meeting. A copy of the letter has gone over the office mailing list. Mich will check whether he will find the letter on his disk. The letter needs to be signed and sent away.

[edit] SSL-Cert letter

Though Trollchen announced to write that letter in two weeks from last Bootstrap, but no letter was written. Kwisatz has thus taken up the task.

[edit] Calendar

Gunstick brought a wooden pane where the calendar could be glued to. We will do that tonight.

The same restrictions as for the circles apply, ie. the wall should be painted first.

[edit] HacKids

  • Mich will help on the 29th and 30th.
  • Marc Tholl offered his help on all three.
  • If anyone else would like to help, just talk to Macfreak

[edit] General Assembly

  • No date has been set yet; Reminder that the order of the day needs to be sent two weeks in advance.
  • March 17th was suggested; That would be on a day where there would have been a Bootstrap anyway.

[edit] Mailing lists

  • Should we have a list for events only? Or security?
  • Well there is a list for security already.
  • The issue with that many lists is that you can have as many as you like but if people have no discipline, they will be of no use.
  • Also some things just need to be addressed to everyone.

[edit] January 21st

[edit] Topics

  • Lead: TBD [1]
  • Notes: Gunstick
  • October's bootstrap tasks and todos follow-ups
    • Have the circles been attached to the wall?
    • Sat-dish?
    • Faster Internet?
  • report on student fair (if someone is willing to do it)
  • report on science festival Gunstick 17:37, 19 January 2012 (CET).
  • report on the Christmas Market Gunstick 17:37, 19 January 2012 (CET).
  • Production of a short movie for the mechanical adder--Macfreak109 16:08, 16 November 2011 (CET)
  • Status of the SSL-Cert sponsoring letter --Kwisatz 21:32, 17 October 2011 (CEST)
  • Podcasting: Wiki, wordpress, ara? --Kwisatz 13:49, 23 October 2011 (CEST)
  • Participation in "science week" of EU school (March 26-30, 2012) --Macfreak109 16:08, 16 November 2011 (CET)
  • Press work. Can the hackerspace (i.e. syn2cat) be asked to provide answers to the media on general computer and security questions? Forward those to c3l? Who should handle press requests, especially the urgent ones? --Gunstick
  • Sum up of ADHS space relocation (slopjong talked to them)--Macfreak109 09:18, 19 January 2012 (CET)
  • Concours GENIAL --Kwisatz 17:30, 21 January 2012 (CET)
  • Syn2wall Calendar --Kwisatz 18:06, 21 January 2012 (CET)
  • Paperjam - SMILE Trophy by syn2cat --Kwisatz 18:46, 21 January 2012 (CET)

[edit] Minutes

Start: 19:14 End: 21:30

  • October's bootstrap tasks and todos follow-ups
    • Have the circles been attached to the wall?

Not yet, but kork circls have been cut and wood is available. Task to NPU

    • Sat-dish?

Main problem is not really the authorization from commune to put the dish on the roof but rather laying the cable from inside to the dish. There is no praticable hole to pass the cables so we need to ask to get a pipe put through the wall. Task taken by NPU

    • Faster Internet?

The letter has been written but not sent out. Task taken by sim0n

  • report on student fair (if someone is willing to do it)

Reporter David: The fair had a better success than last time. There was more interest by the visitors despite we not having the popular quadrocopter on display. On the other hand there was a contest to solve some mystery technological questions to win a Club Mate. Also the throwies were a good attract factor. Our thankyou cookies were appreciated by SNJ & BeeSecure.

Improvements for next time: prepare better what items to take and what to do on the booth. There was too much improvisation.

    • We have event boxes with basic material to make a booth run.
    • We need a comity with people dedicated to certain tasks including replacement if someone becomes unavailable.
    • a schedule when which activity will run on the booth is useful
    • equipping the booth with a printer
    • putting soldering kits and other items in the event boxes could lead to our booth being always the same. Just put a reminder sheet to take kits, makerbot or others but not always take the same stuff.
    • our booth needs a "leitmotiv"
  • Cdays 2012

Will be from 26-27 march. Putting the marble adder there has been considered overkill. Maybe better organize a trip for interested people from cdays to the space to show off the machine.



  • report on science festival Gunstick 17:37, 19 January 2012 (CET).

Please see the blog post

There was the idea to present the marble adder to the press after the lift has been created. Anyone wanting to help with that, please contact Gunstick.

  • Production of a short movie for the mechanical adder--Macfreak109 16:08, 16 November 2011 (CET)

Macfreak wants to create a movie about the marble adder: idea, construction, principal function, interviews. It would be nice if people who contributed would appear in the movie. The movie will be part of a series of podcasts. Extracs from those podcasts will then be turned into a promotional video for syn2cat.

  • report on the Christmas Market Gunstick 17:37, 19 January 2012 (CET).

Despite one day canceled because of weather the market was a big success. Everything was sold. The preparation activity to do the cookie baking was a great socializing event.


  • Status of the SSL-Cert sponsoring letter --Kwisatz 21:32, 17 October 2011 (CEST)

We want to have a wildcard cert sponsored. Task taken by trollchen to complete on 4th february.

  • Podcasting: Wiki, wordpress, ara? --Kwisatz 13:49, 23 October 2011 (CEST)

Ara has a new contract which would make it not legal to have podcasts on our site if they contain copyrighted content. There are several possibilities:

    • cut out the content
    • only play creative commons music
    • play less music

Consensus was to use CC content and reduce amount of music played.


  • Participation in "science week" of EU school (March 26-30, 2012) --Macfreak109 16:08, 16 November 2011 (CET)

As this is at the same time than CDays, only end of the week 28-30 will be covered. Macfreak proposed several workshops: throwies, scratch, mindstorms, bristlebots...

  • Press work. Can the hackerspace (i.e. syn2cat) be asked to provide answers to the media on general computer and security questions? Forward those to c3l? Who should handle press requests, especially the urgent ones? --Gunstick

Not everyone should say somthing but PR group should handel communication. We also don't need to be on all media reports. C3l should handle all requests about security aspects. syn2cat has no opinion and can only give technical explanations. We will create a press response email list with people who would reply to the news about themes they are skilled in. The syn2cat spokesperson should be from the PR circle. If the press visits the space unannounced, please forward them to the PR team.

  • offered material

if we get offered stuff please ask someone from facilities circle if we have the need for this and also room to put it. Do not simply bring stuff!

  • Concours GENIAL --Kwisatz 17:30, 21 January 2012 (CET)

http://genial.lu/ we are partner. The contest is aimed to 5-20 year olds. We will promote the contest with flyers and posters. and do some activities (maybe with hackids). The press conference to announce the contest will be on 25th january at chambre de commerce.

  • Syn2wall Calendar --Kwisatz 18:06, 21 January 2012 (CET)

Idea to put a huge calender on our new wall where we can put up the dates of planned events in which we could participate, even before those are scheduled in the wiki.

  • Paperjam - SMILE Trophy by syn2cat --Kwisatz 18:46, 21 January 2012

we were asked to design and build a trophy out of metal and PCB boards. This should be finished for october 2012.

(CET)

[edit] Archives

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
syn2cat
Hackerspace
Activities
Initiatives
Community
Tools
Toolbox