From syn2cat - HackerSpace.lu
The syn2cat plenum
|Type of Event:||Meeting|
|Cost:|| 0 EUR0 $ |
|Attendees:|| Steve, Cataspanglish|
Log-in to RSVP
|Contact Person(s):||Gunstick (mail), Muling (mail), Sid (mail), Steve (mail), defane (mail), rafiot (mail)|
|Where:||Level2 (87, route de Thionville, Luxembourg, Luxembourg)|
|Add to your calendar:||Download … further results|
Decide where syn2cat is heading next. Every 4 weeks on Saturday, starting at 7pm until midnight.
If you would like to discuss something, simply add it below the upcoming event!
The Guidelines page regroups all major decisions taken at prior Bootstrap Meetings.
- No items can be added to a schedule once the meeting has begun.
- If midnight before meeting, the topics is empty, there will be no meeting. Sorry
- A meeting can't last any longer than 4 hours (a 30min pause will be made after 2h)
- People should sign the topics they added using ~~~~.
- Topics will only be discussed if their authors are present at the meeting.
- coding help for refugees
- in Hahn there is a planned initiative with ISL to help teenagers to code
- idea is to do a similar thing in Luxembourg.
- collaborate with digital inclusion?
- build gaming boxes with kids (aim to be low cost)
- Aim is to help kids build gamer PCs. who knows how to?
- Obviously this is to get a cheaper PC than what you find in local shops. not exactly exciting...
- But anyway, a gamer PC is either expensive or slow. Cheap one would be a gaming console.
- also modding? what about modding a console?
- syn2cat has not the capacity to do either, and bad experience with custom built PCs.
- privacy salon
- move from "don't do this", to "do this and that"
- e.g. instead of "don't use cloud storage", instruct people how to install and use owncloud.
- people who know how to setup any security or privacy configuration should feel the urge to present their knowledge at one of the next privacy salons
- delivery to level2
- don't deny any delivery arriving at Level2, you will not need to pay for deliveries. If there are doubts, the delivery people should have a phonenumber of the one who placed the order.
- try to keep the delivery coupon with the recieved material
- virtual pinball
- there will be an online vote soon