Bootstrap Meeting

From syn2cat - HackerSpace.lu
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(June 18th)
(Edited automatically from page Bootstrap Meeting.)
 
(127 intermediate revisions by 15 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
{{Event
 
{{Event
|logo=Bootstraps.gif
+
|attendees=All members, Azunix, Hibouu, Steve
|intro=Decide where syn<sub>2</sub>cat is heading next. Every first Saturday of a month, starting at 7pm.
+
|contact=prometheus, Gunstick, sim0n, Mich, Macfreak109, trollchen, Azunix,
+
 
|eventtype=Meeting
 
|eventtype=Meeting
|from=2010/03/20 07:00:00 PM
+
|subtitle=The syn<sub>2</sub>cat plenum
|till=2012/03/17 11:59:00 PM
+
|description=Decide where syn<sub>2</sub>cat is heading next. Every 4 weeks on Saturday, starting at 7pm until midnight.
 +
|contact=Gunstick,
 +
|organizer=Gunstick
 
|recurring=dayofweekinmonth
 
|recurring=dayofweekinmonth
 +
|from=2010/03/20 07:00:00 PM
 +
|till=2012/06/09 11:59:00 PM
 +
|location=Hackerspace, Strassen
 +
|logo=Bootstraps.gif
 +
|alternate_picture=
 
|announce=no
 
|announce=no
 +
|cost=0 EUR
 +
|reg=
 +
|ticket_url=
 +
|url=
 +
|u19=no
 +
|extrainfo=
 +
|keywords=
 
|external=no
 
|external=no
|u19=no
 
|attendees=All members
 
|cost=0 EUR
 
|location=Hackerspace, Strassen
 
 
|what=Bootstrap Meeting
 
|what=Bootstrap Meeting
 
}}
 
}}
 
__NOTOC__
 
__NOTOC__
  
= Introduction =
+
For organizational reasons future meetings are on separate events pages
 +
 
 +
=== Upcoming ===
 +
{{#ask:[[Category:Event]]
 +
[[Is Event of Type::Meeting]]
 +
[[Has subtitle::The syn<sub>2</sub>cat plenum]]
 +
[[Is Recurring::no]]
 +
[[StartDate::>{{CURRENTYEAR}}-{{CURRENTMONTH}}-{{CURRENTDAY}} 00:00]]
 +
|?StartDate=Date
 +
|format=table
 +
|limit=10
 +
|headers=show
 +
|link=all
 +
|class=sortable wikitable smwtable
 +
}}
 +
 
 +
=== Past ===
 +
{{#ask:[[Category:Event]]
 +
[[Is Event of Type::Meeting]]
 +
[[Has subtitle::The syn<sub>2</sub>cat plenum]]
 +
[[Is Recurring::no]]
 +
[[EndDate::<{{CURRENTYEAR}}-{{CURRENTMONTH}}-{{CURRENTDAY}} 00:00]]
 +
|?StartDate=Date
 +
|format=table
 +
|limit=10
 +
|headers=show
 +
|link=all
 +
|order=descending
 +
|class=sortable wikitable smwtable
 +
}}
  
 +
= Introduction =
 
If you would like to discuss something, simply add it below the upcoming event!
 
If you would like to discuss something, simply add it below the upcoming event!
  
 
The [[Guidelines]] page regroups all major decisions taken at prior Bootstrap Meetings.
 
The [[Guidelines]] page regroups all major decisions taken at prior Bootstrap Meetings.
  
As a courtesy to the people attending, please refrain from adding items less than 12 hours before a meeting.
+
; Etiquette
 +
* '''No items can be added to a schedule once the meeting has begun.'''
 +
* '''A meeting can't last any longer than 4 hours (a 30min pause will be made after 2h)'''
 +
* '''People should sign the topics they added using <nowiki>~~~</nowiki>.'''
 +
* '''Topics will only be discussed if their authors are present at the meeting.'''
  
 
<!-- add below here -->
 
<!-- add below here -->
 +
== March 17th ==
 +
No Bootstrap because of [[General Assembly March 2012]].
  
== June 18th ==
+
== February 18th ==
 
=== Topics ===
 
=== Topics ===
* [[Working Groups]] activity reports
+
* review last bootstrap actions
* [[Facilities & Catering]] and [[Space Infrastructure, Library & Acquisitions]] - final evaluation: merge or don't merge?
+
** Sat-Dish
** Clean-space day (evaluation)
+
** Circles
* The ssl cert(s) situation
+
** Internet Connection
* over-bureacratization
+
** SSL-Cert letter
** What is transparency?
+
** Analog Event-Calendar
** Excellence through openness (lower the entry level)
+
** HacKids@EU primary school (march 28 - 30) --[[User:Macfreak109|Macfreak109]]
* Shall we allow Pets in the space?
+
* General Assembly (Date, Location) --[[User:Kwisatz|Kwisatz]] 17:43, 17 February 2012 (CET)
* Hx2 project(s) : wassuuuppp????
+
**Hacktaculous Cocktail Bar
+
**Sushi workshop
+
* [[Facilities & Catering]] : space optimisation - some proposals
+
* [[Large Hacker Convention II]]: Does somebody else goes there?
+
* Free (OpenAir) Yoga Classes
+
* can we haz more members event? We get more members, how can, hmm? 
+
  
 
=== Minutes ===
 
=== Minutes ===
 +
==== Review ====
 +
===== Sat-Dish =====
 +
Issue is still cables that need to go in and out of the building, nobody present was really in the know about that issue.
 +
Also, we don't know who should have asked the commune to drill the hole.
  
== May 7 ==
+
===== Circles =====
=== Minutes ===
+
Circles are done, pins are there, all that needs to be done is to paint the wall.
There were no topics planned but several people had some points to bring up
+
[[User:Lala|Lala]] will see if they still have some white paint left.
 +
We also need to apply some paste first for the screws and joints.
  
* There are not many people registered to the Strossen Wibbelt event on 15 may (i.e. next sunday). There we will build throwies on our provided booth and do geocaching activities. Spontaneously several more people registered right away so that this activity can be run nicely.
+
===== Internet Connection =====
 +
The locker wasn't checked for the the letter that ought to be sent. [[User:Sim0n|Sim0n]] checked during the meeting.
 +
A copy of the letter has gone over the office mailing list. [[User:Mich|Mich]] will check whether he will find the letter on his disk.
 +
The letter needs to be signed and sent away.  
  
* Note that next sunday the access to syn<sub>2</sub>cat headquarters may be difficult because of "Strossen Wibbelt" the road will be closed.
+
===== SSL-Cert letter =====
 +
Though [[User:Trollchen|Trollchen]] announced to write that letter in two weeks from last Bootstrap, but no letter was written.
 +
[[User:Kwisatz|Kwisatz]] has thus taken up the task.
  
* CCC camp: Marc has organized a camping van. There are 2 sports left. THose were taken by fellow attendees of the meeting. Van is full now.
+
===== Calendar =====
The camp theme will be OASIS. On the way there some other hackerspaces will be visited. Trip goes from 8 - 15 august.
+
[[User:Gunstick|Gunstick]] brought a wooden pane where the calendar could be glued to.
** Pleas bring up ideas for stuff to present at the camp!
+
We will do that tonight.
  
* From a TED talk came the idea to have noise free hours in the lab. The need to have some silence when working in lab is there, but there was no consensus of how to implement this.
+
The same restrictions as for the circles apply, ie. the wall should be painted first.
In general it would be nice to try not to annoy people with useless noise (yelling, music ...)
+
 
+
* What about cyberpunk fridays? Those should be set up spontaneously by anyone who is present at the space. Just watch a movie if you feel like it.
+
 
+
* cleanspace day: the last cleaning day was a full clean, moving furniture out to wipe the floor. This should be done every 4 months. In between there can be classical cleanings for vacuuming, cleaning kitchen and toilets.
+
 
+
And please don't schedule those days on holidays as several people won''t be able to attend.
+
 
+
The lab room got new cabling and there was an idea to have extractable lan cables. The idea was rejected as we would have to buy them whereas we get as many LAN cables as we want for free.
+
 
+
* The ubuntu release party was not well publicized to the press. This should be better handled in the future. Send press kits out before the event. Just twitter and facebook does not work for normal press channels.
+
 
+
* talks and workshops:
+
** annound them on the mailinglist
+
** reach out to general public to gather attendees
+
** don't restrict on technical subjects, but other themes are interesting too like cooking, plants, music.
+
 
+
* remeber that the soldering workshop will be happening in 2 weeks time...
+
 
+
* there is a new money box on the soldering table. This is when you use items from the electronics stock for you own use that you put some money back. Soon there will be prices fixed to the drawers so you know how muck that couple of elkos costs.
+
 
+
* some items are needed
+
** a classic drill
+
** an hot air gun
+
** a hair dryer (hot air is for some actions too hot)
+
 
+
* the harware wishlist should be rearranges and made more easily readable for non members if people want to donate stuff. An idea to categorize is a needed / nice to have separation, as well as a section for more technology oriented items and one for general household items.
+
 
+
* next hackids is on 7th june about solar bots. If you have or know kids interested, register them! The last hackids had no attendees...
+
 
+
== April 2nd ==
+
=== Topics ===
+
* Faccat and Spila merger evaluation
+
* Donation policy: A member who brings something to the space MUST take the tim.e to find a safe and out of the way place for it.
+
* Acquire a ultra sonic cutter. This tool could be used for plastic cutting. You can see demo video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcA2qQvGoF8 , product page is here http://www.mmech.com/ultrasonic-cutters/honda-usw-334 (Kris)
+
 
+
=== Minutes ===
+
 
+
There was no Present your Project.
+
 
+
* Faccat and Spila merger evaluation
+
 
+
No meeting has happened until now, so nothing new to report. Both groups should do a meeting together.
+
 
+
* Donation policy: A member who brings something to the space MUST take the time to find a safe and out of the way place for it.
+
 
+
Currently most lockers are full. To make place, everyone should only use one case. To make this easier, members should use the wooden lockers. The hardware will be stored in the steel lockers.
+
 
+
First there have to be rules what can be brought to the space. See the various wish lists on [[Infrastructure]] for some ideas.
+
Also that page and the [[Wishlist]] should be reworked so that we have a single page to refer people to when the donation question arises.
+
 
+
In final people are ok that [[Space_Infrastructure,_Library_%26_Acquisitions|Spila]] should organize this. Some ideas were brought up how to handle this:
+
** have one box labeled "/tmp" or "incoming" where new items land in. SpiLa will sort it in where it belongs.
+
** Unneeded items will be put onto the table in the hallway. Members can collect there items they might use for themselves or a project. Unclaimed objects will get garbage collected.
+
** Pictures of new stuff arriving and old stuff scheduled for removal should be put on the mailing list for information. This is already done mostly of the time and is a good practice.
+
 
+
* Acquire a ultra sonic cutter.
+
This is going to cost almost 300€ for an item with not a so great field of application. E.g. would it be possible to cut PCBs with it? After a small vote the were 2 in favor, 4 against and 4 neutral. Some suggestions were to try building such a devide yourself or use a heated piece of metal to cut through plastic. DO NOT use a soldering iron, because this will ruin the tip.
+
 
+
Facilities_%26_Catering
+
* club mate order is delayed because of production problems. Should arrive monday. New kind of juice as trial: Fritz Limo.
+
* self building road signs instead of buying expensive professional ones
+
* We checked the roof. There is a possibility to put the sat dish and also a way to hang a banner from the roof. That banner should have in big friendly letters "hackerspace" to make the building look less like a school.
+
* relighting the lab: the lab, by night, is not looking as cool as the chill room. Some colorful lights are needed. Also dimmable lights would be nice.
+
 
+
Space_Infrastructure,_Library_%26_Acquisitions
+
* new books were added
+
* lockers rearrangement planned (see above)
+
* clean out unneeded items
+
* decorate outside (see FacCat)
+
 
+
Press_%26_Public_Relations
+
* the first batch of stickers is a failure, they need to be redone
+
* there are now stats on the blog
+
 
+
Future_Events_%26_Developments
+
* the same topics are still current (ubuntu party, idea talk ...)
+
* the cyberpunk friday is not happening very often. Anyone can decide what to show and invite.
+
* the easter holidays are arriving. Slopjong will do a workshop 22-25 april
+
* please come forward and do talks!
+
 
+
Web_%26_Server_Management
+
* there is a new, better, WiFi access point set up.
+
 
+
Camp-Orga
+
* the dudelange camp site has been reserved for haxolight
+
 
+
Budget,_Legal_Matters_and_Landlord_Relations
+
* the Office did their first public meeting. The minutes are online [[OfficeMeetings#Meeting_26_march_2011]]
+
* the aim of those meetings is to make the office more open and transparent
+
 
+
//////// mondays are busy days, that's the day to come to the space and meet cool people \\\\\\\\\
+
 
+
== March 12th ==
+
'''Attention:''' This bootstrap meeting is on '''the second Saturday of the month''' for a change because we hold our [[AGMar2011|General Assembly]] on the 1st.
+
=== Topics ===
+
* Working Group progress reports and group switching (if any)
+
* Opinion gathering about merging faccat and spila
+
* Introducing the FreeSpace project
+
* Hack in the Box Amsterdam Attendance
+
* Upcoming workshops ([[The_famous_Etching_and_Soldering_Workshop|Soldering]] and [[Cocktail workshop|Cocktail]])
+
** slopjong: dunno if you mean my soldering workshop. If so the voice changer is soldered which sounds like [http://www.youtube.com/user/slopjong#p/a/u/1/AqWq-M-Z1nM this]. The robot voice is understable if a microphone is used as the input instead of the line-out of my macb00k
+
* Science Festival 2011
+
* [[CleanSpace Days]]
+
 
+
=== Minutes ===
+
Meeting start at 19:15
+
 
+
* Working Group progress reports and group switching (if any)
+
** Pubrel
+
***several members work on a grafical charta so we can have a corporate identity. There will be no requirements to members to use a specific email signature
+
*** facebook group or page? Decision taken to keep both, but itnation and zap will be dropped.
+
*** who reads space status (open close) via twitter. Seems everyone just consults the main website. So either remove those updates altogether or create a dedicated twitter account so that the syn<sub>2</sub>cat twitte page gets less cluttered and more interesting to follow. Additional idea is to improve the status page to show a short history of the last changes and maybe finally create occupational statistics.
+
*** the new free twitter like service itenti,ca will not be used as the users are mainly geeks and ners who know anyway about hackerspaces
+
*** idea to create a yearly PDF based newsletter
+
*** spreadshirt: trial of the premium membership (60€). Should we only show the recent designs? Decision to have old designs in the shop but only on later pages. Personal designs should go on your own spreadshirt shop.
+
*** there will be generic business cars without individual names created. People can get personalized ones if they pay for them. Other possibility is to have A4 sheets with the cards pre-printed which can be personalized by anyone, either by printing or simply handwriting the name or alias.
+
*** Keep the [http://grl.lu GRL] brand? Yes. It's a label for street art. Put link to linux software on the site.
+
*** Blog: it's possible to write your own posts. But please finish your posts ASAP. There are many unfinished ones on the site.
+
** Evdev
+
*** no meeting yet
+
*** please remember the [https://www.hackerspace.lu/wiki/Ubuntu_11.04_Release_Party ubuntu release party]
+
*** what is the group about: not really to create events but more supporting you in creating your events
+
** sysops
+
*** wordpress has been updated
+
*** openduino2 is a standalone project
+
** camp orga
+
*** the contract with dudelange scouts has to be signed
+
** office
+
*** a suggestion was made that the council should be more open towards members what's going on
+
*** internal office meeting is scheduled for this month
+
** faccat
+
*** from now on please put small bags into the trashcans in the lab room, else they become very dirty
+
*** one cupboard will be fitted with wheels so the stock will be easier to access
+
*** mate order will be made next monday. Personal crates (25€+5€ deposit) can be made until sunday night
+
*** anyone having trays to make ice cubes, please bring them, so we have ice for Kenn's coctail workshop
+
** infrastructure
+
*** some new books have arrived. This could be tweeted. Using the rss feed from librarything is the easiest way.
+
* Opinion gathering about merging faccat and spila
+
** 2 of 3 members in faccat are favorable to the merging, in spila nobody did oppose the idea.
+
** one advantage is that the 2 budgets of faccat and 1 from spila can be merges into 2 budgets. Less admin time, more hacker time.
+
** it's possible to tranfer faccat tickets in redmine into spila
+
** trial period until next bootstrap or the one after
+
* Introducing the FreeSpace project
+
** something like [http://www.diebaeckerei.at/ Die Bäckerei] in austria
+
** 500m2
+
** not commercial, so nothing like carree rotondes. It will be an autonomous structure
+
** shall syn<sub>2</sub>cat be part of it? there are 3 possibilities
+
*** not participate
+
*** use some working rooms for our use
+
*** move completely there into our own dedicated rooms
+
** is syn<sub>2</sub>cat behind this, supporting the idea? Yes
+
** everyone should have a look at Die Bäckerei to have an idea what it's about
+
* Hack in the Box Amsterdam Attendance
+
** this is a business conference with a high entry fee which is held from 17 until 20 May
+
** participating in the hacker challenge can get 2 syn<sub>2</sub>cat members free access
+
** who of our members is interested? Ask on mailinglist for people
+
* Upcoming workshops ([[The_famous_Etching_and_Soldering_Workshop|Soldering]] and [[Cocktail workshop|Cocktail]])
+
** slopjong: dunno if you mean my soldering workshop. If so the voice changer is soldered which sounds like [http://www.youtube.com/user/slopjong#p/a/u/1/AqWq-M-Z1nM this]. The robot voice is understable if a microphone is used as the input instead of the line-out of my macb00k
+
** please sign up for the workshops!!!
+
** ice cube trays needed several days before next saturday!
+
** Kenn needs some helping hands to move the coctail stuff to the space
+
* [http://www.science-festival.lu/ Science Festival 2011]
+
** the project got approved including budget for parts and remuneration for people running the workshops
+
** purpose: do science workshops to teach kids. On 2 days the classes with teacher will visit the workshop to experiment with logic gates using legos
+
** a big calculator using the same logic gate principles will be built by syn<sub>2</sub>cat to be put up at the festival
+
** there will be around 6 people needed to build the [http://www.hackerspace.lu/blog/main/2011/02/14/after-the-black-adder-the-half-adder/ half adders] via a small mass production chain
+
** Currently Jhemp and Gunstick are in charge of the project
+
* [[CleanSpace Days]]
+
** there has to be a cleaning day once a month
+
** rule which was accepted by everyone: each member has to participate at least in 4 cleaning days per year
+
 
+
Meeting finished at 20:45
+
 
+
* Green Rack (after meeting presentation)
+
** Gunstick presents his idea of bio-mod the syn<sub>2</sub>cat way.
+
** The main purpose is to have a daylight visible sign to make people aware where the hackerspace is
+
** Instead of enclosing running comupters and plants in an autonomous system, this idea will be more into the theme of nature taking over technology
+
** the unused rack in the lab room will be used, including computer hardware. The servers will be plant pots where flowers and other green stuff grows.
+
** must take contact with donators of the various hardware in that rack if they are OK to trash that (and transform into plant pots)
+
** anyone interested in doing this?
+
 
+
== February 5th ==
+
 
+
=== Topics ===
+
* Funding for the [[Syn2rbine]] project
+
* [[Sushi Workshop]] debriefing, and discussion of non-member participation.
+
* [http://wiki.hx2.org/Main_Page Hx²] and the CCCamp 2011
+
* The [[HacKids]] project (and the future role of the hackerspace in (fundamental) schools RFC)
+
* Poll: who finds the "Repage" script useful? If many, would the Superüberadmins adopt the redmine template?
+
* Can we have a paypal account plz ? ^^
+
* haxolight... we should start the discussions and come up with a date
+
* [[Present Your Project|PYP]] recordings:
+
** What to do with them
+
** Can we get a wireless microphone to go with the camera? (will be below [[Has cost::100 EUR]])
+
 
+
=== Minutes ===
+
 
+
==== syn2rbine project ====
+
 
+
* [[User:Kwisatz|David]] asking for funding for a wind turbine project.
+
** magnets 12 x 5,30€
+
* '''Q''': Meeting assembly asks whether there exists a budget (for?)
+
* '''A''': no
+
* Talk about type of bearings to use
+
* is the project going to be funded? --> 40% upfront, remaining 60% upon completion (see [[Guidelines]])
+
* majority votes '''yes'''
+
 
+
==== sushi debriefing ====
+
 
+
* question about non-member participation and member participation
+
* [[User:Macfreak109|marc]]: workshop was amazing, 13 people running around, 150 pieces of sushi made with 2kg of rice, introduced 2 sushi virgins to sushi, marc would like to recreate the workshop because everybody enjoyed themselves.
+
* only 5-6 members
+
* might get one more member from this workshop
+
* "non-geeky" workshops attract and convince people with a "nerdy" perception that geeks are not as creepy as they thought
+
* the workshop was cozy, lasted until 3:30 AM
+
* workshops should be public by default but members should get a 2 week warning window to register beforehand
+
* photos have gone missing!!
+
 
+
==== refrigerators & plates ====
+
 
+
* we need more fridges
+
* [[User:Bartek|bartek]] will get 2 from jhemp and jan
+
* send to mailing list: does somebody have a set of plates (non-plastic) to replace our shitty plastic plates
+
 
+
==== hx2.org ====
+
 
+
* need one volunteer to communicate with kun to do organisation of the hacksquare on ccc camp 2011
+
* david presents ccc camp using videos
+
* -> poll on mailing list who wants to go this year, who will take responsibility of taking over communication
+
  
 
==== HacKids ====
 
==== HacKids ====
 +
* [[User:Mich|Mich]] will help on the 29th and 30th.
 +
* [[User:Trollchen|Marc Tholl]] offered his help on all three.
 +
* If anyone else would like to help, just talk to [[User:Macfreak109|Macfreak]]
  
* Marc presents HacKids workshops: every first Tuesday of the month
+
==== General Assembly ====
* the question is: do we want to give free workshops to schools?
+
* No date has been set yet; Reminder that the order of the day needs to be sent two weeks in advance.
* [[User:Kubark42|Kenn]]: we can get funding through FNR, I already spoke to the guy who decides these things
+
* March 17th was suggested; That would be on a day where there would have been a Bootstrap anyway.
* Kenn: it is a question of time, although marc is very motivated, how will you find other people to help you out
+
* marc & bartek will write up funding proposal to FNR / MinEduc, David suggests that we should also contact SNJ to be added to list of acitivities for official helpers
+
 
+
==== general funding ====
+
 
+
* get funding from strassen! there is a deadline!
+
 
+
==== romain's poll about source.hacker.lu ====
+
 
+
* turn greasemonkey script into plugin? yes!
+
 
+
==== redmine ====
+
 
+
* is it possible to limit stars showing for groups other than reporter only?
+
 
+
==== paypal ====
+
 
+
* yes 4, no 4, 4 abstained
+
 
+
==== what to do with PYP recordings ?! ====
+
 
+
* it should be left up to the talker whether the video be published on youtube
+
* '''Q''': who edits it?
+
* '''A''': the PR group
+
 
+
==== wireless microphone ====
+
 
+
* should we buy one?
+
* not decided yet as no particular model
+
 
+
==== stock ====
+
 
+
* georges presents his spreadsheet for tracking expenses
+
  
== January 8th, 2011 ==
+
==== Mailing lists ====
'''Attention:''' This bootstrap meeting is on '''the second Saturday of the month''' for a change because the 1st is hangover day.
+
* Should we have a list for events only? Or security?
 +
* Well there is a list for security already.
 +
* The issue with that many lists is that you can have as many as you like but if people have no discipline, they will be of no use.
 +
* Also some things just need to be addressed to everyone.
  
 +
== January 21st ==
 
=== Topics ===
 
=== Topics ===
==== Working Groups ====
+
* Lead: TBD [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_be_announced]
* status updates
+
* Notes: Gunstick
* faccat: find consensus of how the tic board should be used
+
* introducing sugar
+
* general wg evaluation and feedback, aka "How would you improve the working groups?"
+
* How to handle people leaving/joining wgs?
+
  
==== Administrativa ====
+
* October's bootstrap tasks and todos follow-ups
* Proposal for using real names and no nicknames on source.hacker.lu
+
** Have the circles been attached to the wall?
* Question about the way members get reminded of their membership fees
+
** Sat-dish?
** When do you get the initial fee? When do you get reminded?
+
** Faster Internet?
** Is email the best solution?
+
* report on student fair (if someone is willing to do it)
* Handling the storage vault. (Wuala/Dropbox/webdav or /dev/null?)
+
* report on science festival [[User:Gunstick|Gunstick]] 17:37, 19 January 2012 (CET).
* A database where all the members' interests are listed
+
* report on the Christmas Market [[User:Gunstick|Gunstick]] 17:37, 19 January 2012 (CET).
* Optional feature request: limit #users on Lusitania to historical 1198 [https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/RMS_Lusitania]
+
* Production of a short movie for the mechanical adder--[[User:Macfreak109|Macfreak109]] 16:08, 16 November 2011 (CET)
* Concerning "children work" (≠ Asian children work) a box on the front page where parents could "register" their children for workshops would be cool
+
* Status of the SSL-Cert sponsoring letter --[[User:Kwisatz|Kwisatz]] 21:32, 17 October 2011 (CEST)
 
+
* Podcasting: Wiki, wordpress, ara? --[[User:Kwisatz|Kwisatz]] 13:49, 23 October 2011 (CEST)
==== Events ====
+
* Participation in "science week" of EU school (March 26-30, 2012) --[[User:Macfreak109|Macfreak109]] 16:08, 16 November 2011 (CET)
* Realizing regular workshop for kids & some kind of shop (everything realized with stuff, they've got on sparkfun.com, evilmadscientist.com, etc.)
+
* Press work. Can the hackerspace (i.e. syn2cat) be asked to provide answers to the media on general computer and security questions? Forward those to c3l? Who should handle press requests, especially the urgent ones?  --[[User:Gunstick|Gunstick]]
* Science Festival. [http://www.science-festival.lu/appel-a-propositions/ CallforProposals] [http://ps.mnhn.lu/ScienceFestival/festival2009/Pictures/Science%20Festival/index.html Photos 2009]
+
* Sum up of ADHS space relocation (slopjong talked to them)--[[User:Macfreak109|Macfreak109]] 09:18, 19 January 2012 (CET)
 
+
* Concours GENIAL --[[User:Kwisatz|Kwisatz]] 17:30, 21 January 2012 (CET)
==== Acquisitions ====
+
* Syn2wall Calendar --[[User:Kwisatz|Kwisatz]] 18:06, 21 January 2012 (CET)
* Buy gas-heater?
+
* Paperjam - SMILE Trophy by syn<sub>2</sub>cat --[[User:Kwisatz|Kwisatz]] 18:46, 21 January 2012 (CET)
* Buy fold-able transport boxes?
+
 
+
==== Projects & Funding ====
+
* Fund an OpenLase Installation (~500€) @SteveClement
+
** [http://git.marcansoft.com/?p=openlase.git;a=summary Git repo]
+
** [http://www.marcansoft.com/openlase/ OpenLase Project Site]
+
** Buy Galvo Motors (e.g: [http://www.jmlaser.com/produkte_deutsch/k12n_kurzinfo.html K12N Laser Galvo])
+
** Ask youtube for Video Demo!
+
[[File:Galvo.jpg|thumb]]
+
[[File:Top.jpg|thumb]]
+
* Idea: "Present your project"-Sessions
+
 
+
==== New members ====
+
* who is new in the space?
+
  
 
=== Minutes ===
 
=== Minutes ===
 +
Start: 19:14
 +
End: 21:30
  
==== Miscellaneous ====
+
* October's bootstrap tasks and todos follow-ups
* Book aquisitions: How to do it? Does this need OK via bootstrap?
+
** Have the circles been attached to the wall?
=> Best is to add to the [[Book_Wish-list|wishlist]] including an abstract. Inform [[Space_Infrastructure,_Library_%26_Acquisitions|Library & Acquisitions]] of your request.
+
Not yet, but kork circls have been cut and wood is available. Task to NPU
* Haxolight, if people know of some potential places, what are the requirements? [did we have an answer on this?]
+
* Member fees timing and insurance: if members quit, and don't pay the whole year, the budget previsions would be off. Last meeting stated: members pay for a full year, even if this is done via monthly payments.
+
  
==== Working Groups ====
+
** Sat-dish?
* status updates
+
Main problem is not really the authorization from commune to put the dish on the roof but rather laying the cable from inside to the dish. There is no praticable hole to pass the cables so we need to ask to get a pipe put through the wall. Task taken by NPU
** [[Future_Events_%26_Developments|evdev]] have had an internal meeting which covered potential events and ideas for 2011. Also an after event questionnaire is planned to get people's opinions. Their next meeting is 22 jan.
+
** [[Facilities_%26_Catering|faccat]] presented the new tic board operation. Only people regularly visiting the space should put their marks on the blackboard. This is meant to ease the handling of multiple payments in one day or weekend, not to live on long term credit on syn2cat's costs. The maximum stays at 20€.
+
Buying kitchen and catering stuff is only handled by faccat. If members notice an opportunity, please contact a faccat member first, to avoid double buying. Small quantities you can still buy, at the risk to have to use it for your own needs if the syn<sub>2</sub>cat stock is full. In any case, never take money directly from the cashier! Please give the bill to a faccat member who will pay you.
+
The wishlist on the fridge is not only for needed beverages and food, but also for any kitchen or equipment item you think is missing.
+
** [[Space_Infrastructure,_Library_%26_Acquisitions|spila]] if members have interesting items, don't bring them right away to the space. There is not so much room and a lot of stuff ended up at the recycling centre. Please ask spila first if there's need.
+
** [[Press_%26_Public_Relations|pubrel]] has been asked to rearrange the top banner on the blog to point to the wiki pages and put the blog links to bottom or side. There will be new stickers. Pubrel also has a new member, which is also a new syn<sub>2</sub>cat member. If anyone is knowledgeable in XML and iTunes, there is a script needed to transform our radioshow into a podcast for the i-devices.
+
** [[Web_%26_Server_Management|sysops]] have been asked to access the webserver statistics for optimizing the blog contents. There should be no problem to access the awstats. The questions of using google analytics was raised. Some concerns about privacy of website visitors have been raised, and the Idea is not accepted. If there is any need (new python version, new tools...) please file a ticket in [https://source.hacker.lu/projects/syn2catitadmins redmine]. There are plans to provide email facilities (including spam and virus checking) on the hackerspace.lu and syn2cat.lu domains.
+
** [[Budget,_Legal_Matters_and_Landlord_Relations|hsoffice]] ADHS has been contacted today (as they were present this day) aboput the cleaning issue. They will have a general assembly next week and will tell us if our proposal is ok or they may be could offer us another solution.
+
A meeting is planned with the commune to discuss on several outstanding points (convention, letterbox, sattelite etc...)
+
Members contributions will need to be raised due the the assurance cost. This will be voted on the next general assembly. Members are advised to pay the new amount (which is €9.5 or €10) already from 1st of January on.  
+
  
* sugar is a CRM (customer relationship management) tool which is in use by the office group since the very beginning of syn2cat. So it's not "another new tool". Roughly it's an evolves contact managing phonebook where you can also add exchanged emails and notes. The accounts (companies) have contacts (individuals). The use is to track communication with non-syn2cat people and groups. The advanteg compared to a spreadsheet or similar is that it's structured and won't end up with unorganized information clutter. Sugar is not available to everybody because of privacy issues. Please contact [https://source.hacker.lu/projects/syn2catitadmins sysops] for access.
+
** Faster Internet?
This tool is not mandatory, you can still use a sheet of paper, wiki page or any other format for managing your contacts. If you find good alternatives, suggestions are welcome.
+
The letter has been written but not sent out. Task taken by sim0n
A rudimetary bridge between sugar and redmine exist. To be studied if it's worth implementing.
+
  
* How to improve the working groups?
+
* report on student fair (if someone is willing to do it)
If you want to inform yourself about what is going on in a workgroup, a good idea is to browse through their redmine pages and tickets. Note that sysops and hsoffice are not browseable.
+
Reporter David: The fair had a better success than last time. There was more interest by the visitors despite we not having the popular quadrocopter on display. On the other hand there was a contest to solve some mystery technological questions to win a Club Mate. Also the throwies were a good attract factor. Our thankyou cookies were appreciated by SNJ & BeeSecure.
The bridge between faccat and spila is not very clear. Maybe people should join both, or even merge both working groups. => a meeting spila-faccat should be planned to clarify this.
+
* How to handle people leaving/joining working groups?
+
The consensus is, that no restrictions or barriers should be imposed on joining a workgroup. But leaving will only be possible at a bootstrap meeting. This is mainly to remove workload from the people needing to work behind the scenes to make all this happening (sysops).
+
Joining is generally not validated by anyone, except for hsoffice and sysops. TO have a trial period before deciding to join, members are free to assist a group meeting or talk with the group members before really joining.
+
Are there member and group number enforcements. There is a rule of at least 1 group and max 3 groups per member and max 6 members per group. This is just a rule of thumb. Depending on workload and people's interest, the real numbers vary.
+
  
==== Administrativa ====
+
Improvements for next time: prepare better what items to take and what to do on the booth. There was too much improvisation.
  
* Proposal for using real names and no nicknames on source.hacker.lu
+
** We have event boxes with basic material to make a booth run.  
As this has been covered on last meeting, not much has changed. Everyone is free to choose the name he wants. If people know each other, this should not be a problem. If there is urgent need to know the identity, you can ask office.
+
** We need a comity with people dedicated to certain tasks including replacement if someone becomes unavailable.
* Question about the way members get remembered of their membership fees
+
** a schedule when which activity will run on the booth is useful
** When do you get the initial fee? When do you get reminded?
+
** equipping the booth with a printer
The reminder sent out was a manual action.
+
** putting soldering kits and other items in the event boxes could lead to our booth being always the same. Just put a reminder sheet to take kits, makerbot or others but not always take the same stuff.
** Is email the best solution?
+
** our booth needs a "leitmotiv"
It will always be email as any other solution (paper, sms ...) involves cost. Some ideas for nagging people not paying came up, and vanished again.
+
* Handling the storage vault. (Wuala/Dropbox/webdav or /dev/null?)
+
The storage contains a multitude of logos and documents which have been used in the past of syn2cat. This should be migrated from svn (the only remaining svn depot we have) into git, so one can access it from redmine.
+
* A database where all the members' interests are listed
+
There was the project to do interviews with the members, which has not made much progress. Members could fill  out on their wiki profile their interests. The proposal to use the semantic capabilities of mediawiki is accepted, so that this info becomes searchable.
+
* Optional feature request: limit #users on Lusitania to historical 1198 [https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/RMS_Lusitania] nice joke, but the ship had 2198 passengers, oh, oh, fail.
+
* Concerning "children work" (≠ Asian children work) a box on the front page where parents could "register" their children for workshops would be cool. This box should populate a mailing list which we can then use to inform parents when a workshop is held.
+
  
==== Events ====
+
* Cdays 2012
* Realizing regular workshop for kids & some kind of shop (everything realized with stuff, they've got on sparkfun.com, evilmadscientist.com, etc.)
+
Will be from 26-27 march. Putting the marble adder there has been considered overkill. Maybe better organize a trip for interested people from cdays to the space to show off the machine.
On the christmas market, we noticed a big interest in electronic blinking and gaming gadgets. So the idea came to organize workshops. Start small with a couple of children. Then increase the number. The scouts were interested to cooperate.
+
* Science Festival. [http://www.science-festival.lu/appel-a-propositions/ CallforProposals] [http://ps.mnhn.lu/ScienceFestival/festival2009/Pictures/Science%20Festival/index.html Photos 2009]
+
The deadline is on 16 january! Before proposing, verify that you are available during the festival. Some ideas already came up:
+
** computer science, unplugged. Have people interact physically to reproduce computer activity (binary counter, networking, calculating ...)
+
** build micro robos with sensors so they can interact with environment and themselves
+
** create a device with non newtonian fluid where people can play with
+
** [your idea here]
+
  
==== Acquisitions ====
 
* Buy gas-heater?
 
For the cold events like christmas market or lasertagging. Postponed to next bootstrap. If you see gas heaters in local shops, note down the price.
 
* Buy fold-able transport boxes?
 
Consensus is to invest in some solid stuff. Jhemp may have a ressource to get industrial grade boxes. Else the maximum budget allowed is 150€
 
  
==== Projects & Funding ====
+
* Fund an OpenLase Installation (~500€) @SteveClement
+
Nice idea. This was not discussed in detail. Some ideas were raised to use alternatives to galvanometers (harddisks, laserdisk pickup, loudspeakers)
+
* Idea: "Present your project"-Sessions
+
Everyone was favorable to hold a sort of lightening talks before the bootstrap meeting. This can be about potential or running projects.
+
* video stream of bootstrap meeting? The idea of the meeting is to be actually together. Else everyone would stay at home. Not approved.
+
  
==== New members ====
+
* report on science festival [[User:Gunstick|Gunstick]] 17:37, 19 January 2012 (CET).
* who is new in the space?
+
Please see the [http://www.hackerspace.lu/2012/01/21/marble-adder/ blog post]
Several people have joined, mainly in the media and multimedia area. Welcome!
+
  
== December 4th, 2010 ==
+
There was the idea to present the marble adder to the press after the lift has been created. Anyone wanting to help with that, please contact Gunstick.
=== Topics ===
+
* privacy of source.hacker.lu
+
* bar tap board overuse
+
* consequences for not respecting cleanliness of space
+
* working groups status update
+
* toolset workshop announcement
+
* graffitiresearchlab.lu [https://source.hacker.lu/issues/459]
+
  
=== Minutes ===
+
* Production of a short movie for the mechanical adder--[[User:Macfreak109|Macfreak109]] 16:08, 16 November 2011 (CET)
As always, please feel free to contribute to the minutes and to make amendments.
+
  
==== privacy of source.hacker.lu ====
+
Macfreak wants to create a movie about the marble adder: idea, construction, principal function, interviews. It would be nice if people who contributed would appear in the movie. The movie will be part of a series of podcasts. Extracs from those podcasts will then be turned into a promotional video for syn2cat.
It was voted for leaving source.hacker.lu openly and fully indexable by crawlers.
+
  
==== bar tap board overuse & consequences for not respecting cleanliness of space ====
+
* report on the Christmas Market [[User:Gunstick|Gunstick]] 17:37, 19 January 2012 (CET).
In both cases, it was convened on a case-by-case trial. The person concerned should be invited in front of the administrative council, accompanied by the person who vouched for him/her on the membership application form. Matters should be discussed face-to-face and solutions primarily be proposed by the person standing "trial".
+
Despite one day canceled because of weather the market was a big success. Everything was sold.
 +
The preparation activity to do the cookie baking was a great socializing event.
  
==== working groups status update ====
 
* '''Faccat''' promised to make a serious proposal for the cleaning issue until January 8th. In the meantime, the insurance contract should be concluded.
 
* '''Pubrel''' presented the idea of moving to wordpress for blogging software.
 
* '''Evdev''': Mich is preparing a table for organising those helping out on the [[Chrëschtmaart]].
 
* '''Server''' reported the successful upstream fix of a mediawiki bug.
 
  
==== toolset workshop announcement ====
+
* Status of the SSL-Cert sponsoring letter --[[User:Kwisatz|Kwisatz]] 21:32, 17 October 2011 (CEST)
No announcement was made, due to lack of the workshop leader.
+
We want to have a wildcard cert sponsored. Task taken by trollchen to complete on 4th february.
  
==== graffitiresearchlab.lu ====
+
* Podcasting: Wiki, wordpress, ara? --[[User:Kwisatz|Kwisatz]] 13:49, 23 October 2011 (CEST)
Solved by Steve buying the domain.
+
Ara has a new contract which would make it not legal to have podcasts on our site if they contain copyrighted content. There are several possibilities:
 +
** cut out the content
 +
** only play creative commons music
 +
** play less music
 +
Consensus was to use CC content and reduce amount of music played.
  
==== misc ====
 
Look up Benelux-Village at CCCamp 2011
 
  
== November 7th, 2010 ==
+
* Participation in "science week" of EU school (March 26-30, 2012) --[[User:Macfreak109|Macfreak109]] 16:08, 16 November 2011 (CET)
[[File:Mega_man_powered_up.jpg|thumb|left|Power up, mega man!]]
+
As this is at the same time than CDays, only end of the week 28-30 will be covered. Macfreak proposed several workshops: throwies, scratch, mindstorms, bristlebots...
'''[[MEGA Bootstrap]]''' Meeting. Yes, this meeting is exceptionally on a '''Sunday'''.
+
=== Topics ===
+
# Minutes
+
* '''Important:''' Working Groups
+
** Detailed [[Working Groups]] introduction.
+
** Working groups budgets and accounting.
+
** Reshuffle [[Health & Beauty]], [[Space Infrastructure, Library & Acquisitions]] and [[Web & Server Management]] tasks.
+
** First [[Working Groups]] evaluation.
+
** Subscribe to working groups.
+
* Other
+
** Member Internet Service Hosting
+
** [[Foire de l'Etudiant 2010]]
+
** Create accounts on syn2cat.lu for all members present who not already have one (-> PEAP::MSCHAPv2)
+
** Keys
+
** MemberCards
+
** Application Forms/Social Contract
+
** Talk about further regular events on Weekends (?!)
+
** Public Relations [https://source.hacker.lu/projects/hsoffice/wiki/Budgets budget]?!
+
** --> Newsletter (pdf, bi-monthly, preview and review)
+
** [http://hackerspace.be/Pamela Pamela]-like feature for syn<sub>2</sub>cat.
+
** [[Soldering Iron|Soldering station]] for doing some fancy smd soldering works.
+
** For syndilight project, pre-financing for 15 RGB LEDs boards for one 7 segment display: 120€ (incl. shipping)
+
** Criticism and complaints
+
  
===Minutes===
+
* Press work. Can the hackerspace (i.e. syn2cat) be asked to provide answers to the media on general computer and security questions? Forward those to c3l? Who should handle press requests, especially the urgent ones?  --[[User:Gunstick|Gunstick]]
====detailed presentation of working groups (cf. wiki descriptions)====
+
Not everyone should say somthing but PR group should handel communication. We also don't need to be on all media reports.
* requirement of being able to post issues to the working groups discussed
+
C3l should handle all requests about security aspects.
** -> set up in redmine
+
syn2cat has no opinion and can only give technical explanations.
* PR group should seek permission and confirmation of correctness before publishing materials (when publishing stuff about projects, for instance)
+
We will create a press response email list with people who would reply to the news about themes they are skilled in.
 +
The syn2cat spokesperson should be from the PR circle.
 +
If the press visits the space unannounced, please forward them to the PR team.
  
==== reports ====
+
* offered material
* health & beauty presents cleaning bill: [[Has cost::253 EUR]] / month
+
if we get offered stuff please ask someone from facilities circle if we have the need for this and also room to put it. Do not simply bring stuff!
** too much, should we do it ourselves?
+
** clean twice a month?
+
*** -> Health and beauty should ask commune whether we can pay them to continue cleaning the space.
+
*** -> H&B should investigate options with lower frequency.
+
*** -> What about private (non-company) cleaning?
+
* web management presents changes to login system
+
** -> ldap
+
** -> can we have passphrases?
+
** -> can we add entropie tests for passwords?
+
* events group presents foire de l'étudiant
+
** presents syndelights project
+
  
====  discussion about membership application form ====
+
* Concours GENIAL --[[User:Kwisatz|Kwisatz]] 17:30, 21 January 2012 (CET)
* printed 7 forms to be filled out and handed in
+
http://genial.lu/ we are partner. The contest is aimed to 5-20 year olds. We will promote the contest with flyers and posters. and do some activities (maybe with hackids).
 +
The press conference to announce the contest will be on 25th january at chambre de commerce.
  
==== request for "newsletter"-type updates of what's going on in the space ====
+
* Syn2wall Calendar --[[User:Kwisatz|Kwisatz]] 18:06, 21 January 2012 (CET)
* -> PR group should take care of this asap
+
Idea to put a huge calender on our new wall where we can put up the dates of planned events in which we could participate, even before those are scheduled in the wiki.
  
==== rediscussion of pamela member presence system ====
+
* Paperjam - SMILE Trophy by syn<sub>2</sub>cat --[[User:Kwisatz|Kwisatz]] 18:46, 21 January 2012
* yay for self-decided level of displaying information about oneself with double opt-in
+
we were asked to design and build a trophy out of metal and PCB boards. This should be finished for october 2012.
 
+
==== soldering station ====
+
* voted yay for most expensive model after lengthy discussion
+
 
+
==== rgb leds for syndelights ====
+
* yay
+
 
+
==== dmx equipment ====
+
* nay, wait whether we can borrow some
+
* bulb longevity will be tested using cheap plug-in dimmer rather than dmx
+
* cable compatibility will be tested using equipment at dance studio or so
+
 
+
==== complaints? ====
+
* syndelights should be more prominent
+
** syndelights should become an "official" hackerspace project which will have the full support of the hackerspace
+
** PR should be kept private right now because we want it to be a very cool surprise for the city but it should be talked about profusely between members
+
 
+
== October 1st, 2010 ==
+
=== Topics ===
+
===Minutes ===
+
 
+
* chocolates missing
+
:=> chocolates filled up from secret stockpile :-) '''SOLVED'''
+
 
+
* workgroups
+
** start with 2 groups, then add more later
+
** one group to start with would be provisioning (consumables: eat, drink, paper...)
+
** on each bootstrap every group should give a little activity report
+
** people should be in maximum 3 groups to reduce overload
+
 
+
:Note if a group does not do the work, it won't happen of course.
+
 
+
* kitchen extension
+
** small tabletop dishwasher from Bartek: '''OK'''
+
** fridge from Jhemp (80 height) '''NOK'''
+
** fridge from Jan 145hx60w: '''OK'''
+
 
+
* european volunteer
+
** People between 18-30years
+
** needs to be coached
+
** what tasks? administrative stuff, public relations, event management, cooperation with other lux. organizations, help in projects which lack time and ressources, reporter/journalist to fill in wiki or blog
+
 
+
* please clean the toilets when you make a mess!
+
* new locks will arrive next week
+
 
+
* membercards
+
: pdf files have been produced, will be given by Kwisatz
+
 
+
* satellite dish
+
: will be put up as we did not get any negative reaction from the commune
+
: cable can be put without any drilling
+
 
+
== September 4th, 2010 ==
+
=== Topics ===
+
* Budget
+
** Books
+
** Projects
+
** Propaganda
+
** Food
+
** Hardware
+
*** Infrastructure
+
*** Other
+
**** Kaossilator?! :D
+
**** [http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000A6VA3U/?tag=syn2cathacker-21 Go-Board 9x9] [http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001GXUKT6?tag=syn2cathacker-21 Go-board 19x19]
+
* Etching materials?
+
* [[Hackyversary]]
+
* Workshop leaders required
+
** Makerbot
+
** PCBs, from design to etching
+
* [[Syn2lights]]
+
* Presentation of
+
** new working groups
+
** membership application form
+
 
+
=== Minutes ===
+
====Budget====
+
for [[Infrastructure#Books|Books]], [[Infrastructure]], [[ChillyChill|Food & Drinks]] and [[Projects]] got defined.
+
 
+
=====Treasurer=====
+
'''Todo:''' Split up infrastructure into project-based and general
+
 
+
=====Members getting funding for projects=====
+
* members present their project on the ML
+
* on the bootstrap meeting a minimum of 6 ppl have to be present for the voting (2 of which must be a member of the council)
+
* ppl decide whether we can afford funding
+
* if possible funding, we decide case by case how much
+
* no min no max limit
+
* 40% upfront .... 60% later on ... if budget allows for it
+
 
+
=====Kwisatz Kaossilator Project=====
+
* postponed until next month ... waiting for presentation
+
 
+
===== Kwisatz GO board =====
+
* 40€ for board + stones package
+
 
+
==== Workshop leaders ====
+
* etching -> slopjong
+
* makerbot -> gunstick (if interest) or sim0n
+
 
+
==== Hackyversary ====
+
* no exhibition in Galerie Spiren as there are no volunteers to help out or give ideas
+
* organize a birthday party in space (Mich?, sim0n)
+
* prepare slideshow to show to council and say "thanks" for the year of presence in Strassen
+
 
+
== August 7th, 2010 ==
+
Cancelled for lack of attendees.
+
 
+
== July 3rd, 2010 ==
+
'''Note:''' Extraordinarily, this meeting starts at 6pm.
+
 
+
=== Topics ===
+
* Air conditioner
+
* Working Groups
+
* More regular workshop/projects
+
* Getting to know people
+
 
+
=== Minutes ===
+
==== Air conditioner ====
+
It has been concluded that Mexx should see if he can bring his air conditioner. We will have to see whether that works at all. Another solution might be simple ventilation.
+
 
+
==== Working Groups ====
+
Three to four working groups will be introduced and people are expected to join at least one, at most three groups.
+
 
+
==== Regular Workshops and Projects ====
+
People have been invited to suggest more workshops. Also, it has been suggested to more actively point to community projects like for examples [[Syn2lights]].
+
 
+
==== Getting to know people ====
+
It has been deplored that space members don't know each other or their occupations too well. In order to resolve this issue, it has been suggested that every member be interviewed and that we have some sort of cocktail party or similar. [[User:Mich|Mich]] has volunteered (sort of ;)) to do the interviews.
+
 
+
== June 5th, 2010 ==
+
===Topics===
+
 
+
== May 1st, 2010 ==
+
===Topics===
+
* Urgent: [[ChemLab|Chemical lab]], etching equipment and table. How to handle/store acids?
+
* Grill-o-matic : We need a neat BBQ, preferably one with gas
+
* More questions to the commune?
+
 
+
 
+
=== Minutes ===
+
 
+
==== [[ChemLab]] ====
+
* Find a table, with or without tiles?
+
** Use the table in Workroom corner?
+
** Tiles would have the benefit of a wall preventing spills.
+
*** '''Inquire what tiles would cost.'''
+
* Use for soldering also?
+
* Where to put it? Do we have enough space?
+
* Where to store the acids?
+
** Buy Mercury 65 furniture safe from Hornbach?
+
* Inquire with the commune if we can get the ADHS space once they leave for the new school?
+
 
+
==== Kitchen ====
+
* Extractor hood. With tubing?
+
** '''Find an Extractor hood or build one.'''
+
 
+
==== BBQ Grill ====
+
* A grill will be supplied by [[User:the_metalgamer|the metalgamer's]] neighbour.
+
* Lava stones might be supplied by [[User:Mexx|Mexx]].
+
 
+
==== Questions for commune ====
+
Items were handled during the debate on the [[ChemLab]].
+
 
+
== April 3rd, 2010 ==
+
===Topics===
+
* [[Syn2Sign]]
+
* Discuss further handling of security@lists.hackerspace.lu and the mallory project.
+
* New wifi key
+
* [[ChillyChill]]
+
** investment on building the bar (also future blinkenlights extension)
+
** organizing transport for more new furniture and kick out the old fridge
+
** discuss room arrangement
+
** wall paint? which color? where?
+
* [[Syn2Sat]] are we allowed to put dish on roof?
+
* new [[syndi.hackerspace.lu]] Web/Mailserver (share with C3L? [cf. sysops ml])
+
* Selling drinks...
+
* layouts for the member cards
+
* Treasury
+
* Old Rack
+
 
+
===Minutes===
+
====[[Syn2Sign]]====
+
 
+
Where signs? ADHS ok, probably no problem. On the building? Current state is difficult to see.<br/>
+
Number 11 on facade: how to fix? => Use the round windows for displaying 11.<br/>
+
The top border of the building is probably metal. Magnetically fix a sign there. Design will be handled in the Syn2Sign project.<br/>
+
Idea to put little life-gliders everywhere. not really.<br/>
+
Maps in the bus-stops could be updated with the hackerspace location => '''ask commune/AVL/JCD.'''<br/>
+
Recreate sign every year cheaply instead of an expensive one. Banners (callico).<br/>
+
Illuminated sign has to be done. Buying will be too expensive.<br/>
+
Has the ADHS sign been created by commune? Ask ''Grun signalisation'' for their prices.<br/>
+
Syn2Sign project split in several sections for every sign (street, building...)<br/>
+
Use the blends to spell syn<sub>2</sub>cat by using reflective tape?!<br/>
+
 
+
==== security@lists.hackerspace.lu ====
+
Move list to the c3l environment, as syn<sub>2</sub>cat is probably not the best place hosting it.
+
People are invited to get pgp keys signed (by david&georges) because the list will only be allowed to signed pgp keys.
+
 
+
==== New wifi key ====
+
Has to be changed as it's used for changing alarm.
+
Not too complex.
+
* Short-term: Passphrase by using first letters?
+
* Long-term: [http://wiki.freeradius.org/WPA_HOWTO 802.1x radius server]?
+
* See [[Network#Wireless|Network]] for details.
+
'''Ask [[User:Sim0n|sim0n]] or [[User:Kwisatz|Kwisatz]] for new wifi key!'''
+
 
+
==== [[ChillyChill]] ====
+
 
+
* investment on building the bar (also future blinkenlights extension)
+
:where to get diffuse plexi-glas?
+
 
+
* organizing transport for more new furniture and kick out the old fridge
+
:new furniture is available, can get asap.
+
 
+
* discuss room arrangement
+
:seems to be ok
+
 
+
* wall paint? which color? where?
+
:currently some neon tubes are there. to be put as indirect lighting.
+
:kitchen: move whiteboard to other room and paint wall with magnet paint.
+
 
+
==== [[Syn2Sat]] ====
+
Are we allowed to put dish on roof? Will start after chillychill is finished.<br/>
+
Meeting with Strassen will be end of april.<br/>
+
'''Join us if you are interested in sat stuff!'''
+
 
+
==== new [[syndi.hackerspace.lu]] Web/Mailserver ====
+
Current hoster sponsors the hosting cost by having their ad. So investment will be one-time.<br/>
+
Also rent VMs to other clubs?<br/>
+
Server issue is to be further discussed on sysops mailings list.<br/>
+
'''If anyone is interested in one of the VMs, please come forward.'''
+
 
+
==== Selling drinks ====
+
There is no club where the buvette is done by another organization than the one doing the infrastructure. This looks like problems.<br/>
+
The council will have another round of debates on this.
+
 
+
==== Layouts for the member cards ====
+
will have a mag stripe for experimentation<br/>
+
the nickname (login in the wiki) will be on it as a barcode and of course the new logo, maybe the PGP fingerprint (40 chars).
+
 
+
==== Treasury ====
+
We don't have any treasurer. steve is overbooked.
+
We need one. Georges Toth proposes himself.
+
 
+
==== Old Rack ====
+
The new rack will get the equipment from the little mobile rack. So the old one goes where. Just on the trash? <br/>
+
And the new? In the hall (need rack keys) after asking the commune.
+
 
+
==== misc ====
+
* plastic for maker bot has arrived.
+
* the two sgi machines for the museum arrived.
+
 
+
== March 6th, 2010 ==
+
=== Topics ===
+
* Membership cards
+
* Chemical lab
+
* Wall colors (Blackboard and magnetic paint have already been bought!)
+
* MakerBot
+
=== Minutes ===
+
====RepRap or Makerbot?====
+
Reprap is complicated to build as it needs quite some special tools we don't have (yet). Makerbot is more expensive but can be assembled more easily. And once we have a makerbot we can still use that to create a Reprap out of thin air (well, or... almost).
+
  
====[[ChemLab|Chemical lab]]====
+
(CET)
Need a table which is not sensitive to chemicals. Some glass panes to contain eventual fumes (from etching, soldering and anything else making smelly smoke) and an extractor to remove the fumes.
+
  
====Membership cards====
+
== Archives ==
What layout? The new logo of course, with the name, a barcode which may be used for the library and a magstripe for people to play with. The layout should have syn<sub>2</sub>cat and user's name on both sides so the card can be used as badge on lanyard.
+
* [[Bootstrap Meeting/Archives 2010|Archives 2010]]
* Layout: Anne
+
* [[Bootstrap Meeting/Archives 2011|Archives 2011]]
* Producing: Gunstick
+

Latest revision as of 11:02, 17 February 2016

Note: this article is about a passed event.
Add your Event
Meeting.png
Bootstrap Meeting
The syn2cat plenum
Bootstraps.gif
Type of Event: Meeting
From: 2010/03/20 07:00:00 PM
Till: 2012/06/09 11:59:00 PM
Recurring: dayofweekinmonth
Organizer: Gunstick
Cost: 0 EUR0 $
0 £
0 CHF
Mandatory registration:


Attendees: All members, Azunix, Hibouu, Steve
Log-in to RSVP
Contact Person(s): Gunstick (mail)
Keywords:
Location
Where: Hackerspace, Strassen (11, rue du Cimetière, L-8018 Strassen, Luxembourg)
Map:
Loading map...
Tools
QrCode: QR-2fcc88c070df43cfd24969f057d5442c.png
Add to your calendar: Download … further results
Alternate picture: None
Announce globally: no
Decide where syn2cat is heading next. Every 4 weeks on Saturday, starting at 7pm until midnight.




For organizational reasons future meetings are on separate events pages

[edit] Upcoming

[edit] Past

 Date
Bootstrap 2017-1223 November 2017 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2017-1125 November 2017 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2017-1028 October 2017 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2017-0930 September 2017 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2017-082 September 2017 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2017-074 August 2017 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2017-068 July 2017 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2017-0510 June 2017 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2017-0413 May 2017 19:00:00
Bootstrap 2017-0315 April 2017 19:00:00
… further results

[edit] Introduction

If you would like to discuss something, simply add it below the upcoming event!

The Guidelines page regroups all major decisions taken at prior Bootstrap Meetings.

Etiquette
  • No items can be added to a schedule once the meeting has begun.
  • A meeting can't last any longer than 4 hours (a 30min pause will be made after 2h)
  • People should sign the topics they added using ~~~.
  • Topics will only be discussed if their authors are present at the meeting.

[edit] March 17th

No Bootstrap because of General Assembly March 2012.

[edit] February 18th

[edit] Topics

  • review last bootstrap actions
    • Sat-Dish
    • Circles
    • Internet Connection
    • SSL-Cert letter
    • Analog Event-Calendar
    • HacKids@EU primary school (march 28 - 30) --Macfreak109
  • General Assembly (Date, Location) --Kwisatz 17:43, 17 February 2012 (CET)

[edit] Minutes

[edit] Review

[edit] Sat-Dish

Issue is still cables that need to go in and out of the building, nobody present was really in the know about that issue. Also, we don't know who should have asked the commune to drill the hole.

[edit] Circles

Circles are done, pins are there, all that needs to be done is to paint the wall. Lala will see if they still have some white paint left. We also need to apply some paste first for the screws and joints.

[edit] Internet Connection

The locker wasn't checked for the the letter that ought to be sent. Sim0n checked during the meeting. A copy of the letter has gone over the office mailing list. Mich will check whether he will find the letter on his disk. The letter needs to be signed and sent away.

[edit] SSL-Cert letter

Though Trollchen announced to write that letter in two weeks from last Bootstrap, but no letter was written. Kwisatz has thus taken up the task.

[edit] Calendar

Gunstick brought a wooden pane where the calendar could be glued to. We will do that tonight.

The same restrictions as for the circles apply, ie. the wall should be painted first.

[edit] HacKids

  • Mich will help on the 29th and 30th.
  • Marc Tholl offered his help on all three.
  • If anyone else would like to help, just talk to Macfreak

[edit] General Assembly

  • No date has been set yet; Reminder that the order of the day needs to be sent two weeks in advance.
  • March 17th was suggested; That would be on a day where there would have been a Bootstrap anyway.

[edit] Mailing lists

  • Should we have a list for events only? Or security?
  • Well there is a list for security already.
  • The issue with that many lists is that you can have as many as you like but if people have no discipline, they will be of no use.
  • Also some things just need to be addressed to everyone.

[edit] January 21st

[edit] Topics

  • Lead: TBD [1]
  • Notes: Gunstick
  • October's bootstrap tasks and todos follow-ups
    • Have the circles been attached to the wall?
    • Sat-dish?
    • Faster Internet?
  • report on student fair (if someone is willing to do it)
  • report on science festival Gunstick 17:37, 19 January 2012 (CET).
  • report on the Christmas Market Gunstick 17:37, 19 January 2012 (CET).
  • Production of a short movie for the mechanical adder--Macfreak109 16:08, 16 November 2011 (CET)
  • Status of the SSL-Cert sponsoring letter --Kwisatz 21:32, 17 October 2011 (CEST)
  • Podcasting: Wiki, wordpress, ara? --Kwisatz 13:49, 23 October 2011 (CEST)
  • Participation in "science week" of EU school (March 26-30, 2012) --Macfreak109 16:08, 16 November 2011 (CET)
  • Press work. Can the hackerspace (i.e. syn2cat) be asked to provide answers to the media on general computer and security questions? Forward those to c3l? Who should handle press requests, especially the urgent ones? --Gunstick
  • Sum up of ADHS space relocation (slopjong talked to them)--Macfreak109 09:18, 19 January 2012 (CET)
  • Concours GENIAL --Kwisatz 17:30, 21 January 2012 (CET)
  • Syn2wall Calendar --Kwisatz 18:06, 21 January 2012 (CET)
  • Paperjam - SMILE Trophy by syn2cat --Kwisatz 18:46, 21 January 2012 (CET)

[edit] Minutes

Start: 19:14 End: 21:30

  • October's bootstrap tasks and todos follow-ups
    • Have the circles been attached to the wall?

Not yet, but kork circls have been cut and wood is available. Task to NPU

    • Sat-dish?

Main problem is not really the authorization from commune to put the dish on the roof but rather laying the cable from inside to the dish. There is no praticable hole to pass the cables so we need to ask to get a pipe put through the wall. Task taken by NPU

    • Faster Internet?

The letter has been written but not sent out. Task taken by sim0n

  • report on student fair (if someone is willing to do it)

Reporter David: The fair had a better success than last time. There was more interest by the visitors despite we not having the popular quadrocopter on display. On the other hand there was a contest to solve some mystery technological questions to win a Club Mate. Also the throwies were a good attract factor. Our thankyou cookies were appreciated by SNJ & BeeSecure.

Improvements for next time: prepare better what items to take and what to do on the booth. There was too much improvisation.

    • We have event boxes with basic material to make a booth run.
    • We need a comity with people dedicated to certain tasks including replacement if someone becomes unavailable.
    • a schedule when which activity will run on the booth is useful
    • equipping the booth with a printer
    • putting soldering kits and other items in the event boxes could lead to our booth being always the same. Just put a reminder sheet to take kits, makerbot or others but not always take the same stuff.
    • our booth needs a "leitmotiv"
  • Cdays 2012

Will be from 26-27 march. Putting the marble adder there has been considered overkill. Maybe better organize a trip for interested people from cdays to the space to show off the machine.



  • report on science festival Gunstick 17:37, 19 January 2012 (CET).

Please see the blog post

There was the idea to present the marble adder to the press after the lift has been created. Anyone wanting to help with that, please contact Gunstick.

  • Production of a short movie for the mechanical adder--Macfreak109 16:08, 16 November 2011 (CET)

Macfreak wants to create a movie about the marble adder: idea, construction, principal function, interviews. It would be nice if people who contributed would appear in the movie. The movie will be part of a series of podcasts. Extracs from those podcasts will then be turned into a promotional video for syn2cat.

  • report on the Christmas Market Gunstick 17:37, 19 January 2012 (CET).

Despite one day canceled because of weather the market was a big success. Everything was sold. The preparation activity to do the cookie baking was a great socializing event.


  • Status of the SSL-Cert sponsoring letter --Kwisatz 21:32, 17 October 2011 (CEST)

We want to have a wildcard cert sponsored. Task taken by trollchen to complete on 4th february.

  • Podcasting: Wiki, wordpress, ara? --Kwisatz 13:49, 23 October 2011 (CEST)

Ara has a new contract which would make it not legal to have podcasts on our site if they contain copyrighted content. There are several possibilities:

    • cut out the content
    • only play creative commons music
    • play less music

Consensus was to use CC content and reduce amount of music played.


  • Participation in "science week" of EU school (March 26-30, 2012) --Macfreak109 16:08, 16 November 2011 (CET)

As this is at the same time than CDays, only end of the week 28-30 will be covered. Macfreak proposed several workshops: throwies, scratch, mindstorms, bristlebots...

  • Press work. Can the hackerspace (i.e. syn2cat) be asked to provide answers to the media on general computer and security questions? Forward those to c3l? Who should handle press requests, especially the urgent ones? --Gunstick

Not everyone should say somthing but PR group should handel communication. We also don't need to be on all media reports. C3l should handle all requests about security aspects. syn2cat has no opinion and can only give technical explanations. We will create a press response email list with people who would reply to the news about themes they are skilled in. The syn2cat spokesperson should be from the PR circle. If the press visits the space unannounced, please forward them to the PR team.

  • offered material

if we get offered stuff please ask someone from facilities circle if we have the need for this and also room to put it. Do not simply bring stuff!

  • Concours GENIAL --Kwisatz 17:30, 21 January 2012 (CET)

http://genial.lu/ we are partner. The contest is aimed to 5-20 year olds. We will promote the contest with flyers and posters. and do some activities (maybe with hackids). The press conference to announce the contest will be on 25th january at chambre de commerce.

  • Syn2wall Calendar --Kwisatz 18:06, 21 January 2012 (CET)

Idea to put a huge calender on our new wall where we can put up the dates of planned events in which we could participate, even before those are scheduled in the wiki.

  • Paperjam - SMILE Trophy by syn2cat --Kwisatz 18:46, 21 January 2012

we were asked to design and build a trophy out of metal and PCB boards. This should be finished for october 2012.

(CET)

[edit] Archives

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
syn2cat
Hackerspace
Activities
Initiatives
Community
Tools
Tools