Android Apps for Hackers
Include links to a webpage or even a barcode to the market url or .apk file if possible. Also, feel free to use a better layout for this page if you can.
List of Android Apps suitable for the typical Hacker
- Android Scripting - edit and execute scripts and interactive interpreters directly on your device.
- Tasker (payware) - similar to Android Scripting, but instead of a language it's more oriented as configuration templates.
- Advanced Task Killer - can automatically rid your device of battery eating apps still running.
- AnySoftKeyboard helps you get all the öäèéû we need in Luxembourg into your texts
- ES File Explorer can directly mount file shares so you can copy/paste data
- OS Monitor has ps, ifconfig, netstat, system infos and syslog
- Terminal Emulator
- APG - gpg for Android. Works with K-9 mail.
- ConnectBot - ssh client
- syn2cat - the app to open/close the syn2cat hackerspace
- ElectroDroid - contains various reference tables and tools for the common electronics guy
- Wifi Analyzer - is a nice visual tool to see what hot spots are in the area and on which channels they operate.
- War driving? Gunstick checked out several ones, but none really pleased: WiFiFoFum, WiFinder, WiGLE WiFi, Wardrive. So no advice given here.
As hackers love geocaching, here is what's useful to have
- c:geo full featured app which can log online and store caches for offline use
- GPS averager is useful when you hide a cache
- MapDroyd is locating yourself on offline openstreetmaps downloaded to your device.
Geeks probably also have some interests in stars, ISS and other satellites
- Predisat - tells you when there will be satellite overpasses and which brightness they will have
- Sattelite AR - is a sky overlay showing you current satellites
- Google Sky Map - of course, can't miss that one
- DroidSound - plays all types of 8 bit tunes, mostly by emulating the original hardware. Get the beta from the linked site for the most recent version.
- Droid48 for the fans of the HP 48 calculator
- Fractoid to drain your battery as fast as possible by calculating fractal graphs (12 different types)
- GOdroid for those who want to train for playing GO
- Soundcloud (needs free subscription)
- Sudoku Grab'n'Play can transform a photo into a playable game and even solve it for you.
- Tux Rider :-)