The syn2cat plenum
|Type of Event:||Meeting|
|Cost:|| 0 EUR0 $ |
|Attendees:|| Nick17, Kwisatz, Sid, Perforin, The metalgamer, Prometheus|
Log-in to RSVP
|Contact Person(s):||Thierry (mail), Slopjong (mail), Prometheus (mail), The_metalgamer (mail), Gunstick (mail), sim0n (mail), Kwisatz (mail), Muling (mail), Destructive (mail)|
|Where:||Hackerspace, Strassen (11, rue du Cimetière, L-8018 Strassen, Luxembourg)|
|Add to your calendar:||Download … further results|
If you would like to discuss something, simply add it below the upcoming event!
The Guidelines page regroups all major decisions taken at prior Bootstrap Meetings.
- No items can be added to a schedule once the meeting has begun.
- A meeting can't last any longer than 4 hours (a 30min pause will be made after 2h)
- People should sign the topics they added using ~~~.
- Topics will only be discussed if their authors are present at the meeting.
- Review Bootstrap 2012-07 items that need acting. --Kwisatz (talk) 22:17, 12 August 2012 (CEST)
- Revised application form --Gunstick (talk) 18:38, 8 August 2012 (CEST)
- Beamer --Stereo (talk) 16:06, 5 August 2012 (CEST)
- Future of HacKids --Nick17 (talk) 16:06, 5 August 2012 (CEST)
- Nuetsrallye 2012 (15.09) --Kwisatz (talk) 09:04, 10 August 2012 (CEST)
- Hack.lu and Luxembourg-Gaming attendance --Kwisatz (talk) 09:53, 8 August 2012 (CEST)
- Should we buy a smaller tent (3x6m) i.e. , ?
- Buying an 2d barcode scanner (one that can scan qrcode etc.. pp..) for syn2stock ,  The metalgamer (talk)
- USRP - Once again ;) (9 acks)Prometheus (talk)
- C3L: ChaosRadio, Spreadshirt, & Room Fee Prometheus (talk)
- Discounts for members on internal projects (e.g.: UAV) Prometheus (talk)
- There will be cake ! --Kwisatz (talk) 19:53, 5 August 2012 (CEST)
 Review 2012 07
Postponed until November
 recruiting new members
- As a do-ocracy, everyone could just try to do this task.
- But we could coordinate the actions.
- Where and how to recruit, see [Bootstrap_2012-07#Minutes July minutes]
- Gunstick proposes: just pick a couple of actions, not all at once. Then concentrate on those. (ACT)
 New application form
- Explanations given what changed. Mainly the Appendix with the internal rules was changed.
- The RCSL option should be made more obvious. (ACT)
- Also check out the Guidelines which still need some improvements so it's harmonized with the application form. stereo does that. (ACT)
 New Beamer
- There are 2 places where to put the projection screen. In front of chalkboard seems to be a little better.
- There is a new type of Beamer: fullHD with LED light.
- Faccat will set up a little project and present on next bootstrep for financing
 Hackids future
- how to pursuit the project?
- Jan could do it if he's not going to Ireland.
- If the time could be changed, other people can do it. EIther to the evening or to the weekend.
- Other option is to only do it during the school holidays.
- What to do when children turn up at the space. Romain's robots and other gadgets can be used to show. This should be available at some place to be quickly used.
- If interested: add yourself to the HacKids page. There is now a topic "future of hackids"
 Night Rally
- Will be on 15th September
- We are asked to redo the light decoration in the woods and also man a stand where we present a challenge to the ralley perticipants.
- At the Bootstrap the following signalled their availability: Jan (maybe), Sid, kwisatz, trollchen
- Two or three workshop sessions will be announced for built-up and finding a booth challenge (ACT)
- There was the idea to do a workshop at the conference, if possible not IT security related but more hands on.
- If nobody comes forward for this task, we will just do the usual booth.
- C3L will also have a booth, and present some antennas, also teaching how to build them yourself.
- Do not merge both booths, but can be set up next to each other.
- Note: if you help on the booth, your entry to hack.lu is free.
 luxembourg gaming
- This is a business conference of gaming companies in luxembourg. We asked what is expected from us.
- This will happen 1 day before foire de l'étudiant.
- The interest is not so big among bootstrap participants.
 aquire tent
- To be used for GRL activities and other syn2cat actions (e.g. outside hacking in summer)
- A typical folding tent can be obtained for about 150€
- We shall chose a tent and present it to office/bootstrap (ACT)
 2D scanner
- They are quite pricey. Try to see if we can get used ones.
- Planned are 2 stations (lab & chill) which will be extended with a touchscreen.
- Jan could get some scanners for free.
- Also discussion if a smart-phone would be enough for the task.
 USRP aquisition
- Explanation of it's use: universal software radio peripheral
- Allows to send and recieve on a wide bandwidth and do analysis. You can do anything for bluetooth to GSM.
- Approximate pricing: N210: 1700$, daughter board 450$, antenna and cables 60$. Total: 2255$
- Kenn interjects that we should ask for a reduction as a non-profit organization.
- About 9 members are interested in having an USRP, 4 people are really willing to use it
- There will be a votex published the 21st august to choose between: (ACT)
- do not buy,
- buy if 42% of amount is pledged,
- buy directly.
So watch your email!
 relations with C3L
- C3L wishes to do their own radio show and use for that every second slot currently attributed to syn2cat.
- This will be less stressy for each group, doing just one show per month.
- Radio Ara is ok with this. Same with the majority present at the bootstrap (10 people).
- Also the cost will be separated, every club get's a key etc...
- C3L inquires how much of their shirts were sold and if they can get the money. It amounts to 19,22€ since 2009 which will be deducted from their upcoming rental bill.
- From now on C3L will operate their own spreadshirt shop.
 Room fee
- The exclusive room right is rarely used by C3L. But they pay every week.
- According to one of the last office meetings, one meeting per month is free.
- As there are only few C3L members not member in syn2cat, one idea would be that C3L sponsors one or two memberships and that way can hold their meeting any time in the hackerspace.
- The exclusive room would not be available, but it should be possible to negotiate with syn2cat for the few occasions it is needed.
- C3L will talk this through internally.
 Discounts for internal projects
- To get new members, recruit external people and fund a part of their project cost.
- Not many did like this proposal.
- The original formulation was more appreciated and thus retained: External people may participate in projects, workshops or conference talks, but will have to pay more than members do. This enables interested people to just have a look once, and if they like what they see, pay for a full membership.
 Postal box
- Shall we get ourselves a packup address?
- This only works for packages, not for letters which will still be sent to the primary address.
- The idea to use BPM instead, available for every member.
- Gunstick will set up a syn2cat account at BPM. Cost will be covered by syn2cat. (ACT)
 The round window
Ideas what to do there:
- put a QR code with infos who we are and what we do
- put a giant screen to display animations
There was cake, and the cake was good. Aaaaand it's gone.